Monday, December 3, 2012

At Home with Emily

A bunch of photos from the past few days at home..... (not in order, cause I haven't figured that out yet!)

Emily had her first pediatrician visit today. We were so proud of ourselves for getting all three of us showered, dressed and out the door in plenty of time. Of course, we then went to the wrong office (this practice has 3 and we forgot to ask which one our Dr is in when we made the appointment) so we were about 15 minutes late for her appointment. Oh well, we can claim new parent brain and get away with it for a while! 
The lobby was packed with other people's germy little kids and a little boy coughed right by her head, but thankfully they called us back almost immediately so she didn't have to mingle with the common sickies for long.
The doctor said she looked perfect (duh!) - she has gained 4 ounces and is right on track to be at or above her birth weight by her two week appointment, which is what they want to see happen with all newborns. He saw no signs of the slight yellowing that he mentioned when we left the hospital. We were very happy to hear that baby girl is doing well so far!
All tuckered out after a successful trip to the doctor


Wearing my new outfit from Aunt Michelle
I think it is plain to see that she is extremely advanced, intelligence wise - she held her own paci while she watched tv with Daddy last night.
'Sup y'all

She got her 2nd bath at home on Sunday and we washed her hair for the first time by ourselves. And as we stood there admiring how scrumptious she looked in her froggy towel, we heard the unmistakable sounds of a big ol' poop happening. Thank goodness Mikey is a genius and suggested putting a diaper on her immediately, so she was wearing one when she went. At least she was totally fresh and clean for about 30 seconds!

Her honorary Aunties Allison, Heather and Shanna got her this swing and she loves it. She had been sleeping here for several hours when this picture was taken. It also plays lullabies and MAN those things work! I was taking a nap while Aunt Katie watched her the other day, and the sounds of those soothing tunes made it almost impossible to get out of bed!
Just a swingin

She loves sitting in her Boppy and just hanging out with us.


I have always heard parents say that you have to do whatever it takes to get your baby to sleep. Well, this is what it takes so far! She didn't like just being in the pack n play by herself, so we put her in the car seat so she would feel more secure. But we don't trust the dogs enough to leave the car seat on the floor, so this was our solution! And it works! I would mention her sleep habits, but I know as soon as I put them out there to the world, it will jinx things and so I will just keep that to myself for now.


Miss Ryah came to meet her new cousin this past weekend. She loves her so much and wanted to hold her all the time! She also wanted to "squeeze her" but we talked her out of that. We promised that when Emily is two, she can squeeze her all she wants. I can't wait to watch these two grow up and play together -I know Emily is going to worship Ryah. And Ryah has already promised to teach her how to do flips (gulp).

Tio Sam was holding her and Ryah decided she needed another blanket and a reindeer.

These next few pictures kind of make my stomach turn, but what can I do? I sure can't dress her up in UT gear, since they are dunzo. And it makes Mikey happy so I will have to learn to deal with it. Ugh, my poor baby!!
UGA fans
Sydney is a fan too, but she is too fat for her shirt now.
She makes red and black look good.
Cousins!
I will admit, before I had her, I was totally weirded out by the idea of nursing. I was willing to try because it was best for her, but I was really apprehensive about the whole process. I can't even tell you how much I enjoy it though! She makes the sweetest little noises and faces, and I get to just hold her and stare at her pretty face. She almost always falls asleep when she is done, and I have force myself to sit her up and burp her -I just don't want to disturb her when she looks like this!
Post feeding milk coma

Katie got us this adorable frame and we finally got a photo in it. I love how it turned out!

And in case you were wondering, my sister is the best sister ever. Sorry to all the other sisters out there. She drove here from Atlanta in the middle of the night for the birth, despite having only been home about 24 hours from her Thanksgiving visit. She spent the night with me at the hospital on the most uncomfortable looking bed. She cooked and did laundry and loved on Miss Emily, even though her allergies were making her feel awful. We will never be able to say thank you enough for everything. We love you Katie!!



Tomorrow is Mikey's last day at home with us and we are all dreading his return to work. Why oh why didn't we win the lottery!? He is a great daddy - as if there was any doubt that he would be - and he takes such good care of his girls (all 4 of us, counting the dogs! and his boy, Wally). 

1 comment:

  1. I love that sweet baby (and you) so much!! And I would do it all again in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete